Monday, November 10, 2008

Walking Day

This morning I dragged Bryce out of bed to walk me downtown so I could get my hair chopped. The stylist called it "sophisticated" but I told her that I've had that same hair cut (a bob) every couple of years for almost my whole life, and that's pretty cool I was sophisticated and didn't know it.

We walked to the sculpture park and then north along Elliot Bay; I think we would've walked all the way to Magnolia but it started raining. Maybe next time. We're really feeling settled here; I love the walking. It's my favorite kind of exercise; I just can't make myself use the gym here.


We haven't heard anything from NZSTA or from the people helping me find a job, which is discouraging. Bryce noticed on the back of my ASHA Leader newsletter a Subaru ad which said that ASHA members get a Subaru discount if they are "in good standing." We couldn't believe it actually said that! I'm calling ASHA tomorrow and asking why Subaru buyers can say they're in good standing but people who want to move out of the country can't have the same courtesy. I am so fed up with ASHA.

1 comment:

e said...

this made me miss seattle! and yes, asha can be very, very stupid. maybe they just don't want to lose such an awesome asset to our profession to nz!