Tuesday, November 18, 2008

good NZ e-mails


I got some informative e-mails today.




ASHA told me,
"The Multilateral Recognition Agreement, which includes the speech-language pathology associations of Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, Canada, the US, and New Zealand will be signed at the ASHA Convention next week. It will go into effect in January 2009. We are still working on application details, etc. but you should be able to get information from the folks in New Zealand shortly after the first of the year."


Yay! Hopefully I won't need to wait until January though; hopefully NZSTA will accept my application this month.


Geoff from the NZ job seeking agency wrote,
"I haven’t been having much luck finding a job with paeds in Christchurch but a lot of companies aren’t hiring this close to the end of the year. I am going to keep looking and ringing around but I’m finding a similar answer wherever I am trying. If I keep having this same luck it may be best to wait until the new year and businesses have new budgets etc and it will be easier. It is good that we are on this early so there isn’t a big rush."


So that's disappointing, but still nice to know that everything might still work out.

No comments: