Monday, November 24, 2008

Seattle Hike

Click here to see our Trail Map (Give it about 5 seconds to load)

Bryce wanted to go for a hike today-- somewhere in the mountains where snow would be involved. I suggested walking to Pies and Pints; a restaurant we've been wanting to go to in Ravenna. Advantages: no snow, no wild animals, plenty of rest stops, and Pies and Pints has beer AND meat pies. Needless to say, we went with my plan. All in all, our Seattle hike took about 6 hours, was 12.5 miles long, and included an extra rest stop at the Triangle in Fremont. We walked to Ravenna via the University Bridge, and walked back through Latona, Wallingford, and Fremont, stopping to see the Fremont Troll. We were exhausted when we got back home.

Cool double-helix door handle on a lab building on Eastlake.


I-5 Colonnade Mountain Bike Skills Park


Found at the mountain biking park under I-5 off of Eastlake.


In U-District.


Our mission: walk to Pies and Pints in Ravenna from Belltown.


Fremont Troll under hwy 99.


I finally e-mailed NZ and said I could not take the job in Gisborne.

No comments: