Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NZ problems

Late last night I got an e-mail from Geoff at NZ jobseek; there's no SLP jobs available in Christchurch and he was wondering if we're interested in Dunedin. Bryce and I quickly researched it and figured it wasn't what we wanted; too cold--even colder than here! We had a serious talk and agreed that we would work in Auckland if that's the only place where I could find a job. Auckland is really far away from the ski resorts, so we'd have to devote whole weekends to staying down there. It would put a crimp on Bryce being a snowboarding instructor too.

With the problem of finding a job near a ski resort and with the issue with NZSTA and ASHA, I just feel NZ becoming more and more of a difficult goal to obtain. We do have a backup plan though if this all doesn't work out-- a loooong vacation in NZ and use whatever money we've saved up to buy a house. So it's a win-win situation. I really want to have the experience of living abroad for an extended period though; it's something I really feel I need to experience.

No comments: