Sunday, November 30, 2008

Magnuson Park

This morning we tried out the new Tillicum cafe for breakfast, and later drove to Ravenna for some bagels. I couldn't believe it took us 12 minutes to drive to a neighborhood that took us 3 hours to walk to last Sunday. I love comparing driving and walking; we think nothing of driving 60 miles in an hour but do you have any idea how long it would take to walk that far!? I think I can walk 15 miles a day; the problem is by the 3rd day I have shin splints and sore ankles from walking the previous days.


I'm finally getting the 3 "M' parks straightened out: Magnuson, Myrtle Edwards, and Marymoore. We went to Magnuson Park on Sand Point to try and find the Sound Garden. We could hear it, and see it in the distance, but we couldn't figure out how to get past the barbed wire and locked gate to get to it. A lady at the dog park told us that there's a guard there on weekdays who would let us in. guard? barbed wire?



We still saw some other art though, the fin project (old airplane tails that look like a pod of orcas) and the salmon shower.

No comments: