Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fremont


Today we walked around Fremont. This cool old ice bucket caught Bryce's eye at Deluxe Junk so we got it. Apparently it serves double as a bun warmer too. Which is funny considering there's penguins on it.



I also got a shirt for me--







And a shirt I'm planning on sending Tracy. tee hee hee.





I just got done reading our old posts and I can see the slow progression from believing we're moving to NZ to doubting it. We've got some alternate plans going, like buying a house, but is that a good idea to buy right now, or should we wait? I If we wait, where would we live in the meantime? Where would I work? Will we ever be able to move abroad? Living abroad is something that I really want to do. This economy though-- we were so sure we'd be able to get jobs when we come back, but of course that's an unsure thing now. I have yet to hear anything from NZSTA. Their website says that they do not accept appeals when an application is denied. One bright spot though-- ASHA currently has a quadrilateral reciprocal agreement with other national SLP associations to accept international members. This month ASHA is due to expand their agreement to include NZ. A quick search of ASHA's website shows no news saying that this has happened yet. I did find this useful link though on ASHA's website: http://www.comdisinternational.com/world_views.html

1 comment:

e said...

oooh, love the ice bucket bun warmer. sending you good nz vibes...