Monday, June 14, 2010

Just another Random Monday

Lots of funny things happened today that I can't really post on a public website. A few interesting things of note that I can post:

Today is Matariki (Maori New Year), and the dinner served today at work was a hangi (cooked in a pit).

I thought my grandma had a Dutch saying, "Oh how my honda taka," but after talking to my Dutch colleague, I found out that that roughly means, "My hand is itchy." I don't think that my grandma says this. An e-mail has gone off to my grandma for clarification.

Bryce had a venison hamburger today at Burger Fuel. It was their special. We ate off a place mat that had a deer staring at us.

Bryce went to Alpine Club tonight, whoo hoo! First steps towards completing his goal of climbing some mountains her in NZ.

I can't figure out how to open up our huge bottle of rum (B can't figure it out either), so I plan on bringing it to work tomorrow and asking people to help me with my problem.

Wow the wind is gusting outside right now! It roared in all of a sudden.

Cheers!

No comments: