Sunday, June 27, 2010

10K Race

We slept through our alarm but still managed to catch the train for Bryce's 10 K this morning, which started at Westpac Stadium in Wellington.


It was absolutely awful conditions, cold southerlies and rainy. But Bryce finished at a time better than he expected; our theory is he ran faster to get it over with.


Emma picked us up at the train station and took us to Floriditas for breakfast. They had these beautiful jars of jam for sale at the front counter.

When we got home I did NOT feel like running at the gym. Then I realized how lazy I was compared to Bryce so I dragged my buns down there. Pretty proud of myself, my knees let me run a whole 30 mins, whoo hoo! I made the mistake of telling B, who said I'm ready to run 5K's now. The 5k's they start back up in August-- they're on the waterfront Tuesdays after work. I usually like to sit and have a beer on the water while he runs, so well see.

No comments: