Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Farewell Dinner

I just had a rather touching farewell dinner at Monteith's Brewery with my Porirua colleagues.


I'm really going to miss working in Porirua, I've enjoyed the team and driving around the gorgeous city. I got some ribbing for playing the tourist and taking a shot of the pretty sunset before dinner.

Tonight I had shnitzel for the very first time; it was pretty yum and went great with my cider on ice. For prezzies I got NZ Words fridge magnets, a kiwi cookie cutter, and a kiwi apron. They were perfect gifts for me-- I love to bake and I'm always having endless conversations with them about words and pronunciation. This week's learning was "pikelets," a type of pancake that sends me into giggles every time I hear it pronounced aloud. A wrapped stack of them were waiting for me at my desk this morning; made by my colleague Tania who said that she wanted to know what was so funny about the name.

Once home, Bryce showed me our visas-- newly stamped with our residency permit and returning visa. We can enter and leave the country as often as we like until 29 June 2012. And, if we never leave the country, they will never kick us out. cool. I mean, sweet as.

No comments: