Monday, May 3, 2010

Two Passions

For the first time in my life, I'm enjoying the gym. I'm actually Excited as Gym Time approaches because I know I can run off some energy and get some awesome endorphins. Our gym is right at our train station which is so convenient-- our train station also has a great bar with outdoor seating so if it's a warm sunny day we can shirk the exercising in a heartbeat.

The best thing about the gym is that replacing the calories lost is pretty much guilt free. We are pretty proud of our dinners. Today I had left over pumpkin soup, Spanish wine (finally getting a little sick of NZ pinots) gouda cheese, salad, and bread from the bakery. Bryce went crazy with his dinner-- two types of curry and homemade naan garnished with yogurt and cilantro. He showed me his plate he was so proud of it.

Through all this eating and exercising I'm still mindful of a recent NYTimes article which discussed that woman's appetites increase so much after exercising that it's almost impossible for adult females to lose weight. Our maternal bodies are so primed to hold onto our cozy blubber that our bodies truly fight us when we want to get rid of it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/magazine/18exercise-t.html

That said--I have Saturday morning all planned: aerobics class at 8:15 am, shower, and then head straight to one of the beach cafes to try out their banana pancakes with chocolate ganache. ah yes.

No comments: