Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another excuse to celebrate

So yesterday, May 17, was the day that we originally thought we'd be kicked out of the country. That is, the wording on my work/holiday visa was not very good, and made it sound like the visa expired a year from when I applied. Once I met another coworker from Ireland, though, she explained that the visa actually expires a year from when we enter the country, which of course makes much more sense.

Here's the wording, just so you don't think I'm an idjit:
"This Visa allows the holder 12 months from the date of issue to travel to New Zealand. Date of issue: 17 May 2009."
Apparently the wording means that I had an expiration date on when I could start using the work/holiday visa.

Anyways, the point being that Bryce and I went out to dinner to celebrate that we are still in NZ. We went to this nice Spanish restaurant, Gusto, in Petone. They served truffle soup in shot glasses at the beginning of the meal. Pretty sweet; don't be surprised if I do that one day at a dinner party.

No comments: