Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo

I'm not exactly sure why Cinco De Mayo is a holiday, but it's a holiday that has to be celebrated. (I do know for sure it's not Mexican Independence Day). We went out to the Flying Burrito on Cuba street for--Flying Burritos and margaritas. Laura and a new girl we met from Holland came out too. Before we set out, our coworker Karepa passed out margaritas, which was so sweet of him.


Since none of us were kiwis, we all talked about how we decided to move here-- Laura and Josien took initial trips out here before their big move (I didn't want to go that route because of the expense). All of us have felt the homesickness-- and then loving it here. It's so hard to find a place you love that's not your original home. I just keep feeling a longing for what I had even though it's wonderful here.

No comments: