Monday, May 17, 2010

Thanksgiving in May

Met up with friends at Cafe Vella today in Plimmerton. I love coffee art.


I finally got to try the pancakes with pears and chocolate ganache that I had been eyeing several weeks ago. Off to the Lighthouse movie theatre to see Ironman-- not a bad movie.

We decided on a whim to have Thanksgiving today, so a couple friends helped us cook and eat. There was mashed potatoes, chicken (no turkeys to be found after checking 2 supermarkets), cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, biscuits, shallots and mushroom stuffing, gravy (made by Doug), and pumpkin pie with whip cream for dessert. Doug and Laura loved the biscuits and pumpkin pie, which was awesome as they had had neither before. I learned that shallots are pronounced "shall LOTS."

Laura and I also had hibiscus & champagne cocktails--





No comments: