Saturday, May 1, 2010

Raspberry Lamington Day

Bryce joined me for our first gym class early this morning-- sooo many lunges and squates. My legs felt like spaghetti afterwards, I could hardly walk down the stairs.

We went to Cafe Vella in Plimmerton to replace those calories we had lost-- they listed pancakes with bananas and chocolate ganache on their breakfast menu--yum. Unfortunately I didn't notice that until after I ordered; would it be weird to come back tomorrow morning--?

After meeting up with the sweet Emma for a short walk, we went to a nice little museum in Porirua where I picked up some artsy postcards.

I had asked my co-worker earlier in the week for advice on things to do in Wellington-- she gave me a list of cafes and markets and baked goods to try. Unfortunately I had left the list at home-- but luckily Bryce had seen it on our desk and had remembered some items-- between the two of us we remembered the key words: "Lamington's" "Cuba Street" "Bakery" "Tory Street" and "Cafe L'Affare." We walked up and down Cuba Street to find a bakery/cafe called Cafe L'Affare that made Lamington's. No luck but we did find a cafe called "Floriditas" that looked cute... And the name did seem familiar...We drove to Tory Street where we found Cafe L'Affare on a side road. Success! Walked in and were told they had just closed. But then across the street we saw a cool market I had never seen before that I suddenly remembered the coworker talking about-- Moore Wilson's. We walked in, and inside we saw Lamington's! Made by... Floriditas. Whoops. Bought some Lamington's and went home, where we saw "Floriditas: makes Raspberry Lamington's" written in big letters on top of the list.
Raspberry Lamington--- mmm, I am so sorry it took me so long to find you! But you were so worth it.

No comments: