Saturday, May 8, 2010

e-mail to Gramma

I made banana bread earlier this week-- I accidentally read "1/2 cup" but the recipe actually called for "1/2 stick" so I put twice the butter in on accident! I opened the oven midway through and the butter had come out of solution and was bubbling all around the bread, eewwww. I had to pour it off. Of course, I still ate some (I didn't let Bryce eat it because of his high cholesterol) and I got really sick. of course. In the rubbish it went!

We just made Guinness cake-- its most important ingredient is chocolate though and it smells so good as it's baking!

Here's the recipe for the Guinness cake-- we have a scale here to weigh things out, but it's in lbs. So we have to go online to convert grams into lbs. Cooking used to be so simple. Now it's all about conversions and substitutions.
http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=20552


Oh shoot I just realized I should've measured all the ingredients that we weighed so we could convert it into an American recipe. Shoot. Guess we'll have to make it again :-)

No comments: