Friday, December 31, 2010

Yet another gorgeous day. Mowed the lawn for the first time; took care of the car. Jeez housework takes way longer now that B isn't here to split the chores. I made ginger kisses out of my kiwi baking book for the New Years get together this evening. I was exhausted all day but couldn't sleep (I was up late the night before researching Great White Sharks). ;-) Poor Laura (sis) was messaging me--4am her time and 1am my time-- she works nights now so she tries to keep to the same schedule even when she's not working.

Arrived at Josien and Marc's in time for a fantastic sunset. The South Island was clearly visible.


Doug and Laura were rained out of their camping trip and arrived home late last night after driving 14 hours to get home. We all talked until midnight, and then watched the fireworks in Auckland on tv. We had to laugh when the New Years' tv programming abruptly ended at around 12:10am. 21 more hours until Seattle gets its New Years'.



No comments: