Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ack!

Woke up this morning to 130 km/hr (80mph) winds. It was BLOWING. I thought for sure that the concert tonight at the bottom of my hill for Fat Freddy's Drop would be cancelled, so I didn't bother ordering tickets. A friend invited me to see the movie, Somewhere, at a cute movie theatre that I've been wanting to go to for awhile, so I went there instead. Basically, the movie sucked donkey balls. I did however learn that gingerbread and lemonade is the best combination ever. While a lot of small movie theatres in New Zealand don't sell popcorn, they do sell wine and yummy baked goods, which is an okay trade by me.

Went home to drop off some library items and go grocery shopping-- the town was dead. Deader than usual. And to top it off, it was perfect weather and you could hear the concert from the library, from the video store, from the supermarket, and from my front yard-- ACK! Made the wrong decision there.

No comments: