Friday, December 17, 2010

Unexpected Party

Last day of work today before the holidays. The rest of my workmates were going to a Christmas party, but I had rsvp'd No to save money. I had drinks after work at a friend's new flat with an amazing view towards Te Papa, the Christmas tree, and the waterfront. My workmates convinced me to go to the work party anyway with them, and since B was having fun with partying with his workmates for the last time, I went ahead.

We went to Restaurant 88, a Vietnamese restaurant that was sooo good! I need to learn how to make more Vietnamese food. The noodle salad was the best (Reminds me of Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets).

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good."

No comments: