Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blogs are tricky

I would love to update this blog more often, but I feel funny about putting people's names or pictures on here. I'm getting long past the point on my New Zealand adventure where this feels like a little vacation, like I should after over 2 years. I do feel like this is home and the things that occupy my mind are slightly deeper than the cool blue pukeko I saw on the way home. Not like I didn't have deep thoughts before of course, but I don't have much to share in regards to what has charmed me lately.

I'm proud of putting blog entries in as much as I have though--I have a journal too though that's been sorely neglected for months. Such a pain to hand write things out. Dear Prudence advises against private journals because someone will read it after you're gone-- so where's the release?? Maybe time to ignore Ms. Prudie.

Well here's my assessment of NZ-related situation, suitable for reading by wider internet viewing audience.

I am grateful for opportunity to move here, and get residency. I had no idea I'd meet so many wonderful people. I had hoped I would grow into a better person as a result of this experience and I know for sure that I'm more thoughtful. I hope to live here later, but for now I find the idea of living in the States a little exotic. As opposed to a post I made this time last year, now I'm ready to settle down in a permanent place. With a garden, dog, and puppies. Bonus points for a lemon tree. Who knows what kind of crazy ideas I'll have this time next year.

I will take this time to document that at approximately 2:30 PM 2/10/11, Bryce promised me that one day we can have a home with a lemon tree that will be so full that lemons will be on the ground. (We passed a lemon tree on someone's front yard, on the way to a party at Josien's, that made me jealous. Who could take a lemon tree for granted so much that they would just let the lemons rot on the ground???)

No comments: