Tuesday, October 11, 2011

American Birthday

Some things never change, like me celebrating my birthday for almost a week. I feel pretty spoiled. Today heaps of Happy Birthday messages came in, reminding me that today was my true birthday because that's the time zone I was born in.

Mom wrote me yesterday, saying that she's been reading my notes here and that I write like Harlan Coben. I've never read him before. I googled him and there was actually a video clip of his upcoming book: http://www.harlancoben.com/

Jacquelyn, my only American colleague, arrived to work with the best lemon bars ever. They're pretty much my favorite dessert, although I think I say that about several desserts. I might have strongly hinted to her that they were my fav. The sorority I was in for all of 11 weeks sometimes served them and I would sneak as many as possible.

E-mails have been going back and forth between my friends and me, figuring out the details for lawn bowling. Summer is here! We're going to do the Island Bay lawn bowls again. Pretty excited for handles of beers in the sun! Hoping the weather is as good this year as least year.

Tomorrow night we're off to the bird sanctuary again to see Sirocco the head-mating kakapo. It's a rare bird that bonded with humans too much while being treated for a respiratory infection, and is now helpful in fund raising. And it mates with human's heads.

No comments: