Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ASHA-grrr

Today was a bit stressful. On a positive note, I counted up my continuing education hours and I have the 30 hours needed to continue my SLP certification with ASHA for a few more years- phew! On the bad note, I called ASHA and asked why they haven't sent me or the NZSTA a letter saying that I am in good standing with them-- ASHA said that that was not in their policy. I couldn't believe that ASHA wouldn't say that I have no ethics violations against me. I give this organization $200 a year and really get nothing in return except for extra letters by my name. The only reason why I even stay with them is in case I want to work in private practice or medical setting somewhere besides WA state one day.

I wrote NZSTA and explained to them the situation about ASHA-- they wrote back only to say that my e-mail would be forwarded to their Review Board for consideration.

I really hope that this glitch with ASHA doesn't get in the way of us going to NZ!!!

No comments: