Sunday, October 5, 2008

Palm Springs Early Birthday


Today was an amazing day. Bryce and I went out for breakfast, and then wandered around Palm Springs looking for Tahquitz Canyon to go for a hike. We never found it, but did stumble upon another hike behind the museum near our hotel. Hiking up that hill was so fun. It was hot, but it felt good to be warm. Every step up you took gave you a different view of Cochella Valley. At the top of the hike, 800' up, we saw several large birds nearby and joked that they were vultures waiting for us to pass out. They came so close that I could hear their wings flapping-- it sounded like a dog panting. It was one of the coolest sounds I have heard.

Afterwards Grandpa and his wife Linda met up with us and we went up a revolving tram to the top of another hill, 8,000' up. We all had a great time. Here's a picture of Linda sitting in the center of the tram while we revolve around her.

We then went to Mexican dinner. Grandpa and Linda had my favorite restaurant in the world, Las Casuelas Terraza, sing me happy birthday while bringing me flan with a candle in it. And I wore my 'Luau' anthro dress. sigh. What a wonderful birthday.


Did I mention that my margarita was the size of a fishbowl??

No comments: