Monday, October 13, 2008

First Turns

Notice that coldness in the air? That chill that bites the cheeks. The numbness that starts in your fingers..
Winter is pushing Fall through as fast as she can.
Warren Miller tickets... check
Looking at new gear almost every day... check
Hiking till I can find even a 500 ft run...coming
The subie's gassed, the pack is (over)packed, time for breakfast and hiking.

P.s. While I'm no turns all year type*(yet). I am carrying on my new tradition of snow every month. Last month was Jule's and I wintry(30's, snow/sleet/rain/fog) hike at Sunrise.
Today, well I'll leave the decision to Ryan, Either Baker area or Camp Muir.
* Turns all year are fanatical skiers and boarders that make a goal to ride every month. No matter how much hiking or how bad the snow. Some guys are over 180 months. They post at turns-all-year.com and maintain some of the best NW Mountain weather links compiled.

No comments: