Sunday, February 22, 2009

filtered sunlight

On the radio yesterday I heard that the weather would be "filtered sunlight." That's a nice sounding phrase for the worst type of sky at all: High Clouds Sky. yuck.

The day started off right with blue sky and bagels at Hot Bagels in Ravenna. We walked around Green Lake, got Sarah a souvenir in Fremont, and tried to get burgers at Gordo's in Ballard but found it was closed! We checked out Twinline Motorcycles in Georgetown and ended up at Starbucks in Alki to read for a bit. The day was just sunny enough to make me really, really dread the forecasted rain for the next day. I sat in a parking lot in West Seattle reading and watching the blue sky until it got dark.


I desperately want to live somewhere where I don't have to feel so depressed on a sunny day because I know how fleeting it is.

No comments: