Thursday, February 26, 2009

Facebook

Facebook is really helping me out here. I got in touch with an old co-worker who mentioned that she stayed in NZ for an extended period-- I got a wealth of information out of her. Namely, hostels on the south island are really cold and you have to pay a premium for heat (shoot!). Also, the drive from Auckland to the south island is so long that it's preferable to fly. Also good to know. I wanted to get plane tickets this week and just figure things out later, but the rigid part of me really wants a plan! I checked the Ministry of Education's website and there's still no SLP job openings. Man I wish I could have taken that Auckland job that was available over Christmas-- if only I had known about it.
Right now I think that a good plan would be to just live in Christchurch or Wellington-- the two cities that we hear are the best-- and settle down so I can get an internship in a hospital setting and Bryce might get a little job with snowboarding or cars. I'm studying up on all my old med speech notes and I have more observations planned. I've got to get myself marketable!

No comments: