Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm Done

So today was my last day. Scary, but relaxing. Julie is right that we've planned this so much it'll probably be almost boring... almost.
I was suddenly reminded of when I quit Les Schwab. I'd worked there between college & high school and again my Junior & senior years at UW. When I went to leave in Sept 2004 I was 3 months out of school and not having much luck in the job search. Working 50 hours a week busting tires wasn't faciliatating a good effort though. Ultimately I picked up some money doing some political work and ended up at B. At B I moved twice and manged to handily beat inflation/cost of living. B allowed me to learn lots and do things I've always wanted. I wouldn't be an instructor, have gone to whistler/tahoe or proabably started climbing again with out the income, and the boredom. It challenged me mentally and emotionally at times. But it's never been 100% what I needed to be happy, or rounded. The last years have been good and very comfortable. But I've been craving a different meaning to my life. Paychecks and having the yuppie staples are nice. But that's never been who I am. I always be a little punk, a little WT and a little too hyper.
So now here I am. Unemployed, with no near term prospects. I've been here before. I'm starting to grasp it'll all work out in the end

No comments: