Friday, April 23, 2010

Need to get on that...

During a skype conversation with Bryce's dad and Tammie last weekend, the issue came up that I'm not on health insurance. I'm not really sure how I overlooked that little task item. Bryce is covered on travel health insurance, because he lost his work health coverage before I did and took care of it.

Health insurance is not automatically offered to us as part of our benefits package at work. NZ doctor visits and prescriptions are subsidized by the government. My recent ER visit was only $250 NZD ($177 US). It would have been less if we were residents.

As a skier, I definitely need to get moving and sign up for health insurance. My dizzy spells which I've had infrequently for about 2 years have gotten more frequent and stronger in the last week. I almost fell over while standing around and talking with friends on Wednesday. I have been to a doctor in the States about this and he wasn't really worried-- so I suppose I shouldn't be too worried. But I'm a little alarmed that I might suddenly keel over during a therapy session--I've had to concentrate really hard this week to continue working with a child although I felt that my head was swimming.

No comments: